A daily brisk walk can help you and your dog to get on the right path to a healthier and happier life.
TIPS FOR YOU
- Turn your walk into a workout.
- Concentrate on posture, intensity and purposeful movements to increase calorie burn.
- Swing arms freely with a slight bend at elbow (pumping action is good.)
- Concentrate on a smooth stride and walk fast enough to elevate breathing and heart rate.
TIPS FOR YOUR DOG
- Help your dog get the most out of his/her workout.
- Use a leash, his head should be up (no sniffing.)
- Your dog should be to the side or behind you, not in front pulling.
- Get your dog to walk fast enough to elevate breathing and calorie burn.
If you liked this blog, read up on 10 ways to keep your dog safe while swimming