https://i0.wp.com/www.dgpforpets.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/zucchini-fritters1.jpg?fit=600%2C400&ssl=1 400 600 Rick https://www.dgpforpets.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/dgp-logo-300x88.png Rick2016-10-21 19:25:162016-10-21 19:25:16Halloween Doggy Snack: Cheesy Squash Bites
Halloween Doggy Snack: Cheesy Squash Bites
Doggy snacks can be expensive, not as healthy, and not as enticing to dogs as homemade treats. An easy approach to get your dog to eat a healthy snack is by making them their own batch of delicious treats that can brighten their day. They’d smell the treats cooking in the house and their tail will be wagging until they get to try them!
Suggested: DIY Doggy Ice Cream
Cheesy Squash Bites
Makes: About 1 dozen
- 1/2 cup cooked yellow (or green if you prefer) squash
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (whichever type you prefer)
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray
- In a large bowl, add the cooked squash and mash it up
- Add all the other ingredients and combine to form a dough
- Roll dough into 1/3 inch balls and place them on the baking sheet not touching each other
- Bake for 10-15 minutes
- Cool and refrigerate
- These treats can be made gluten free by exchanging the 1/2 cup flour for 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- If you find the dough to be a little dry, add in a tablespoon of water at a time and mix it more. If that is not enough, add in another tablespoon and repeat
- Dried basil can be omitted if you don’t have any
- Don’t feed these to your dog if they are lactose intolerant
- A batch should be eaten within a week while kept in the refrigerator. If they are not finished after a week, freeze them in a plastic bag
These cheesy squash bites are really appealing, you’ll want one (or two!). Surprise your dog with this Halloween snack now or any time of the year!
Read More: How to Correctly Store Dog Food
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!