Support your favorite pet charity with the 4th Annual DGP Cares “Paws for a Cause” Contest! Starting July 11th at 9:00 a.m. EST, you’ll be able to nominate a canine-related non-profit organization. The nomination period will last until July 30th at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Voting for the contest begins on August 1st at 9:00 a.m. EST through August 7th at 11:59 p.m. EST. During this voting period, you’ll be able to vote once every 24 hours for the non-profit of your choice.
On August 10th, the three winning organizations of the 4th Annual DGP Cares Contest will be announced. The three 501(c)3 non-profit organizations with the most valid votes will receive a $600, $500, or $400 donation, depending on the number of votes! The prize can go a long way to help animals in need.
Please see the official contest details below.
DGP CARES “Paws for a Cause”
Dog Charity Donation Contest Official Rules
The 4th Annual DGP CARES “Paws for a Cause” Dog Charity Donation Contest starts on July 11, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ends on August 7, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Winners will be announced on August 10, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. EST. NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
American BioSciences, Inc. 560 Bradley Parkway, Unit #4, Blauvelt, NY 10913
To be eligible to participate in the promotion, participants must be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older, and must “Like” DGP for Pets on Facebook. Nominee charities must be located within the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, be 501(c)3 certified, be able to show proof of non-profit status (a copy of the IRS determination letter), and must “Like” DGP for Pets on Facebook. Nominee charities cannot be an individual. Nominee charities must pertain to canines. American BioSciences reserves the right to dismiss any Nominee from the contest during the nomination period or during the voting period due to illegitimate or unverified votes, including but not limited to votes coming from mechanical sources including paid or unpaid voting services. All Contest participants (“Entrants”) agree to be bound by all terms set forth in these Official Rules and winners, unless prohibited by law, must sign the DGP Cares “Paws for a Cause” Official Contest Entry and Release Form authorizing use described therein of the Entrant’s Entry materials (including but not limited to narrative and Photograph) and verifying eligibility. All employees and the immediate families (parent, child, sibling or spouse regardless of where they reside) and household members of American BioSciences, The Harmony Company and Socialike (“Released Parties”) are not eligible to enter or win. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. The nominated charities must have appropriate credentials for non-profit status and Sponsor has the right to request, require and verify credentials at any time. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant or nominated charity that does not have satisfactory credentials in Sponsor’s sole opinion. This Contest is void outside the 50 United States and District of Columbia and where prohibited by law. Nominations must be received during the Nomination period to be considered for the voting period and a prize.
- TO ENTER:
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Only one nomination per person. Beginning July 11, 2017 at 9:00am Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ending on July 30, 2017 at 11:59p.m. (noon) EST (“Nomination Period”), Facebook Fans of DGP will able to nominate canine-related charitable organizations for DGP Cares “Paws for a Cause.”
To make a nomination, participants log onto www.dgpforpets.com/dgpcares. Entrants must complete all required fields, including entering their name, email address, name of the non-profit being nominated, the non-profit contact information and logo, as well as 200 words or less describing why their nominated charity deserves to receive a $500 donation from Sponsor, and click “Nominate.” By entering, participants acknowledge and agree that only the charitable organization will be eligible to receive the donation. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. Duplicated nominations will be disregarded, and only the original nomination will be considered for participation. Please also visit www.facebook.com/dgpforpets to “Like” the DGP Facebook page for your nomination to be valid.
All nominated charities will be contacted by the Sponsor to confirm participation. Entrants must supply contact information, a company logo/photograph, a company url and a brief description of their charity, and submit to Sponsor for receipt no later than July 31, 2016 to be eligible for participation in the Contest. Nominations must be received during the Nomination period to be considered for the voting period and a prize. Photograph/logo and description must meet the criteria of the Contest Submission Guidelines below. Entries submitted by mail (“Mail” includes delivery by U.S. Postal Service, Federal Express, UPS or DHL) will NOT be accepted. Sponsor retains the right in its sole discretion to determine whether an Entry satisfies the requirements set forth herein. Each charitable organization may also be featured on DGPforPets Facebook Page as they are deemed eligible by Sponsor.
- SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: During the Nomination Period, visit www.dgpforpets.com/dgpcares. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and Entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entries may only be submitted online. All other methods, whether or not defined herein, are void. If submitted online, Logo or photo must be submitted in .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, or .png format and cannot exceed 4 MB in size. All photographs must be approved by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Photographs depicting or implying any form of inhumane treatment will be immediately disqualified. Photograph(s) must be the original work of the Entrant or come from the charity they are nominating; must not feature any third parties or third party materials, must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; and must be suitable for publication. All Entry materials (including but not limited to photograph(s) and narrative descriptions) become the property of Sponsor upon submission and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Additional Entry Requirements: Entry may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
- is owned by others (other than the charity); contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses;
- contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including but not limited to photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media);
- is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- appears to intentionally duplicate any other submitted Entries, as determined by the date received;
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people, animals or companies;
- violates any law or the privacy, publicity, copyright or other rights of any person or entity; or
- is determined by Sponsor not to be consistent with Sponsor’s mission or the goals or spirit of the Contest.
Charity Entrants represent, warrant and covenant that he/she are the authorized agent of the nominated charity, in the applicable photo, that he/she owns or otherwise controls all rights in his/her Entry materials and any other materials provided by Entrant and that his/her Entry does not violate any law, regulation or any right of any other person or entity, and that he/she consents to the submission and use of the Entry materials (including but not limited to the photo and narrative) and any other materials provided by Entrant in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein, and grants permission for the Entry to be posted on www.dgpforpets.com/dgpcares and/or any other websites controlled by or affiliated with Sponsor. The Contest and its Sponsors do not guarantee the posting of any Entry. No changes are permitted to any Entry after submission, subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion to make limited exceptions based on particular circumstances.
- VOTING: NO PURCHASE OR DONATION IS NECESSARY TO VOTE.
Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, three finalists will be determined as follows: The three approved canine Charities that receive the highest number of valid votes during the voting period, as tabulated, audited and determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will each be deemed a “Finalist” or contest winner. In the event of a tie, the charities involved in the tie will split the monetary award equally. All Finalists will be notified after audit of votes by Sponsor or its authorized representative.
The following shall apply to voting by the public for the winners of the Contest. Votes obtained by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public in exchange for votes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, are prohibited. Use of script, macro or any automated system to vote or any vote that is intended to impair, or results in impairment of, the integrity of the voting process is prohibited and all such votes will be void. Subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion for limited exceptions based on particular circumstances, voting is only permitted electronically through www.dgpforpets.com/dgpcares (or such other website designated by Sponsor). All email addresses of voters must be valid; Sponsor has the right to validate email addresses of any voter. Individuals may not utilize more than one email address to vote more than one time per day. Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, whether a vote is valid. Invalid votes may be invalidated, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, whether or not the Entrant for which such invalid vote was cast was involved or affiliated with such invalid vote. Any threats, intimidation or other negative action against, or received or perceived to be received by, Sponsor, any sponsor of the Contest or any other Entry (including but not limited to Entrant) may result, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, of disqualification of the Entry related to making such action (whether or not the applicable Entrant was involved or affiliated with such action). Voting is not permitted by employees of Sponsor, its subsidiaries or Socialike. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
How to Vote: The Voting period will start August 1, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ends on August 7, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST. During the Voting Period, interested parties can vote for one (1) of the featured charitable organizations per day (every 24 hours). Voting can only be done via www.dgpforpets.com/dgpcares. Voting is limited to one vote per Charity per person per day (24 hour period). If a nominee is posted on Facebook, Facebook “likes” are not considered votes. At the end of the voting period, the three charities with the greatest number of validated votes will win the donation. In the event of a tie, the winners will split the prize equally. All entries received that are tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of American Biosciences, Inc. and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- PRIZES: All prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Prizes will be awarded provided there are a sufficient number of eligible Entries received. Odds of winning depend upon the number of valid Entries received during Nomination Period, votes cast during the voting periods, public voting and decisions of the Judges.
The three approved canine Charities that receive the highest number of valid votes during the voting period, as tabulated, audited and determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will each be deemed a “Finalist” or contest winner. The charity with the highest number of votes will receive a $600 donation from American BioSciences. The charity with the second highest number of votes will receive a $500 donation from American BioSciences. The charity with the third highest number of votes will receive a $400 donation from American BioSciences. In the event of a tie, the charities involved in the tie will split the monetary award equally. All Finalists will be notified after audit of votes by Sponsor or its authorized representative.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winning charitable organizations will be notified by email and/or phone. Representatives of each charitable organization must sign and return an official DGP Cares release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three business days of notification. Sponsor reserves the right to examine additional documentation and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the documentation presented.
In the event that the charitable organization cannot be notified within three business days, does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, or does not provide a copy of its 501(c)3 certificate, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate charitable organization non-profit with the next highest number of votes as determined by Sponsor. There will be no substitutions. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, each Entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Contest. By submitting a contest entry form, entrant represents and warrants that he/she has all necessary rights to have the entry and photograph(s) and any other materials provided by entrant posted online, including conveyance of the copyright to sponsor.
- Any attempted form of Entry or voting, other than those previously stipulated, is prohibited; no mechanically reproduced, facsimile, automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry or voting are permitted. Entries not complying in any way with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor and its affiliates have the right to correct any technical or other problems associated with administration of the Contest.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants acknowledge and agree that Released Parties are not responsible for any lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered or garbled Entries or votes, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of Entries, the tabulation of votes, the announcement, notification or distribution of the prizes, or the incorrect uploading of any photo, or in any Contest-related materials Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the Contest website or Sponsor’s website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or any related website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated Entries (whether or not the applicable Entrant is taking or facilitating such actions) may be voided in Sponsor’s discretion. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by fraud, virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical or other error, actions by any Entrant(s) or voter(s), problem(s) of any kind or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt, impair or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of Entries or voting, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest (in whole or in part) and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winners from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken using the judging procedure outlined above. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Released Parties are not responsible for any failure to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor.
- OFFICIAL RULES: These are the official rules posted on the DGP website (or such other website designated by Sponsor).
- WINNERS LIST: Winners will be posted on Sponsor’s Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/dgpforPets and blog, and may be posted on or printed in any of Sponsor’s websites and/or publications. A list of winners may also be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped #10 business envelope to: American BioSciences DGP CARES CONTEST 560 Bradley Parkway, Unit #4, Blauvelt, NY 10913. Limit one request per postmarked mailing envelope. Requests must be received by August 19, 2017.
Sponsor: American BioSciences 560 Bradley Parkway, Unit #4, Blauvelt, NY 10913.
© 2017 American BioSciences. All rights reserved.
Have you thought of which 501(c)3 charity to nominate for the 4th Annual DGP Cares “Paws for a Cause” Contest? Check out last year’s winners!