https://i0.wp.com/www.dgpforpets.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/adoptadog.png?fit=300%2C159&ssl=1 159 300 Rick https://www.dgpforpets.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/dgp-logo-300x88.png Rick2015-05-06 18:51:232015-05-07 01:55:565 Great Facts About: Pet Adoption
5 Great Facts About: Pet Adoption
Are you thinking of adding a new furry friend to your family? Here are five great facts about pet adoption:
- It’s estimated that 70-80 million dogs and 74-96 million cats are owned in the United States.
- 9 out of 10 pet owners consider their pets to be family.
- The oldest dog who ever lived was Bluey, who passed away at 29 years old and five months.
- Dog owners walk an average of 2 hours more than people without dogs, which can help you lead a healthier lifestyle.
- On average, the cost of basic food, pet supplies, medical care and training for your pet can be $600 to $900 which is less than $3 per day.
When you adopt a pet the satisfaction will be like no other. Not only will you have a new healthy pet, you will save money, you’ll be supporting a healthy cause, adding the perfect pet for your family, and you will also be able to benefit from lifelong benefits of having a pet. Adopting a pet can give these animals a second chance by allowing them to join your loving family.
I’ve never considered adopting a pet before, but I like the idea of doing so now that I’ve read this. I’m really happy to hear that having a pet can make you have a healthier lifestyle as well. I think I’ll look further into adopting a pet now, thank you so much for this advice!
That is so wonderful to hear!