We are all waiting for spring to come, but our furry friends are surely the ones who are the most excited for those spring walks.
So it’s finally the time to start preparing for this wonderful season. From a spring cleaning session to putting the new spring decorations up, there are plenty of things to do until the warmer months arrive. But we shouldn’t forget about our beloved four-legged companions either. As the seasons change, it is important to accommodate our pets to the warmer weather. This means swapping out our pup’s gear, removing the winter germs and freshening their wardrobe up.
If you don’t want to spend money on new clothes, this DIY guide will show you how to make a spring-appropriate no-sew dog collar from scratch in no time. Just prepare your supplies and follow the instructions to complete the project.
What You’ll Need:
15-25 cm piece of fabric (minimum)
Hot glue gun
- Cut two pieces of fabric of your choice. For the bow: 10cm – 20cm. For the collar: 5 cm -25 cm, and adjust the length to your pet.
- Fold the fabric for the bow in two and cut the two sides diagonally.
- Turn the fabric and fold it in half the other way around, with the right sides facing each other. Glue the edges together with the hot glue gun. Leave the end open so you can turn the fabric right side out.
- After the glue hardens, turn it right side out.
- Tuck in the ends of the remaining side and glue them together.
- Take the ends of the bow and fold one on top of the other in the middle.
- Flip the bow and pinch it together at the center. Secure it with a little piece of scrap fabric and glue.
- Take the fabric for the collar and glue the sides down.
- Place a piece of Velcro tape on both ends and secure it with glue.
- Stick the bow in the middle of the collar with glue and you’re done! Put your new no-sew dog collar on your pet and enjoy.
Timi is a content creator and animal lover, therefore she likes to put together different guides, articles and other useful content for pets and their owners.